Thursday, July 10, 2014

Goal Setting

I recently bought some materials to help me plan upcoming school years. I recently read a blog post by Sarah Mackenzie at Amongst Lovely Things: Rigor, Diligence and What We're Setting Out to Do.

It was SO inspiring and really struck a cord with me. Sarah explains the differences between a restful school year and an easy school year, between a rigorous education and a diligent education; differences that I had never really though about.

She also led me to many other resources, including Pam Barnhill at Everyday Snapshots and her ebook, Plan Your Year: Homeschool Planning for Purpose and Peace (only $7.99!).

So far, I am really loving Pam's book. It is helping me to organize our school year in a more formal way, such as writing a mission statement for our homeschool, which I have always wanted to do. It has also helped me use that mission statement to begin writing goals for Joshua and Noah that are connected to our mission.

Below, I share what I have filled out so far on the Goal Worksheets from Plan Your Year: Homeschool Planning for Purpose and Peace.

These worksheets are going to help me so much. I will be able to refer to them throughout the year to see if we are staying on track. Also, I will be able to look back on them at the end of the year and see if my goal setting was realistic or if we tried to take on too much, helping me to set even better goals for the next school year. Thank you, Pam!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on Mamma Vintage! I love to hear your thoughts and experiences.