Friday, March 9, 2012

The Spelling Bee!


Our Joshua made me so proud this week. He was in his first spelling bee!

I was astonished that he wanted to participate at all. This boy clung to my side at his first soccer practice in the fall of 2010, crying the whole time because he was so nervous to try. Joshua also refuses to go to Children's Liturgy during Mass because this requires him to stand in front of the congregation for a blessing before the children are dismissed. Two Christmases ago, he attempted to sing with the children in the front of the Church, but then ran back to the safety of our pew. 

I really thought that this would also be the case at the spelling bee.

A few weeks ago when I tried to explain what the spelling bee would be like, he responded enthusiastically, "I've been waiting years for this!"

No worry on his part or mine was needed at all. Joshua absolutely rocked it! With each word, he stepped right up to the microphone and spelled each word clearly and with confidence. Afterwards, I asked if he was nervous and he answered, "Nooo," with eyes that said that this was the silliest question he'd ever heard. Noah was so inspired that he wants to try it next year.

In a couple of weeks, Joshua will turn seven. In the past couple of years, he has grown so much! It's so great to see your children surprise you and try things you never thought they would. Makes me wonder what's next!

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on Mamma Vintage! I love to hear your thoughts and experiences.