Sunday, March 3, 2013

La Boheme . . .

Last night, I went to La Boheme with Kristen. Let me say that if you were ever to see an opera, this is the one to see. It was exquisite; the last scene was the most heart-wrenching and moving I have ever witnessed in any form. The opera was full of drama, passion, sorrow and love. In my very novice opinion, it was everything an opera should be. The sets, the costumes, the singing, the acting, the poetic lyrics--all was everything I had ever imagined. I was moved to live life more fully, to cherish each moment more thoroughly and to love more passionately. The experience was proof that art and music have the power to really change us.

On a completely different note, I had fun getting all dolled up and taking the time to do my long hair the way I love one last time. This Friday, I have an appointment for a major cut to donate my hair to Locks of Love. Pinterest has helped me to visualize the style I would like to end up with - a short bob about chin length. I have been thinking about this for a long time. As my hair is well past the length requirements, it seems silly not to donate it to such a good cause. It will be fun to try a new hair style and then of course, it does grow back. I am excited, but of course a little nervous too.

Here are some before pics :)





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on Mamma Vintage! I love to hear your thoughts and experiences.