Monday, September 30, 2013

Veronica's Pregnancy

As the story of Teresa's birth was quite long all on its own, I decided not to include the details of another pregnancy in our family. Veronica's.

Throughout the past nine months, Veronica has experienced many symptoms. Her back has hurt. Her head has hurt. And quite regularly, she has reminded us of the baby in her tummy.

Well, coincidentally, when I went into labor, so did Veronica. Every few minutes or so, she would announce to the room, "I'm having another one," meaning another contraction. And as I would breathe through my contractions, so would she. "Hoo-hoo-hoo-hoo-hooooooo." For a woman in such pain, she was also very helpful to me. She would play with my hair, hold my hand and walk with me.

The boys had very different reactions to my labor. Noah really just went on with life and acted like nothing was happening. Joshua wanted to be near me, to know how often my contractions were coming and to help me. He also played with my hair, held my hand and walked through contractions with me. 

It is unclear whether Veronica's baby has been delivered or not. Occasionally she is taking care of her new baby. But at other times, she is holding her abdomen and telling us that the baby is hurting.

However, her hormones seem to be producing in high gear. We have had a lot of meltdowns this past week. And occasionally when I haven't understood why she was upset, I've asked why she was sad and in response she cries in a confused, frustrated way, "I don't knoooooooow!" Yes, Veronica, I completely understand.

Veronica came down with a cold the day I began labor, so when she came to visit in the hospital two days later, she had to wear a mask. The boys both ended up with the cold too, but so far neither Jason, Teresa or I have caught it. Knock on wood!


SISTERS!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on Mamma Vintage! I love to hear your thoughts and experiences.