Tuesday, February 28, 2012

So Tired of Canceling!

Yesterday I had to cancel taking Joshua to cub scouts and our plans in the evening to go to the parish mission that St. Luke is having over the next few days.

This has been happening far too often! I feel like my posts have had a major theme over the past few weeks - being sick! Both Veronica and Noah are sick again or maybe they're still sick - who knows? Veronica has a very runny nose, weepy eyes, diarrhea and is seriously cranky. Noah has a bad cough and a nose faucet which is leaking green, slimy stuff.
Veronica in PJ's on Saturday morning, fascinated with the falling snow

Enough already! I was really looking forward to the parish mission and am sad to miss it, just like many other events that I have had to cancel over the past several weeks.

Why do we keep getting sick? I realize that it is largely due to the many children we are around at Edmonds Heights (our homeschooling resource center), Church and the Y. But I feel like we are getting sick more often than other families.

The oddest part is that I feel guilty about it, as if I can prevent this. We eat healthy. We wash hands before meals. We get enough sleep. We take our vitamins. But I still feel responsible somehow. I also feel like I'm being a big baby or something, like I should just try and cope better with illness in our family and take my children out despite snotty noses. But that's not right, is it? I should be keeping them home so that we don't get others sick and so they can get adequate rest with naps and regular bedtimes.

What can we do? How do you try and keep you and your family healthy? And at what point do you keep your children home because of illness?

She still had a smile for me in the morning, despite being sick. But the day continued with much crankiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on Mamma Vintage! I love to hear your thoughts and experiences.